The Best Staycations in LA
Every so often we need to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life as it can get repetitive, stressful and well, boring! We all need a break from things and a staycation in LA is the perfect way to do so. LA makes for a great staycation location as it allows you to enjoy your local area but for an entirely different reason and open your eyes to what a beautiful part of the world it is. Plus, you really can’t beat LA food.
I’ve listed five of my favourite places to stay in LA on a staycation. Each hotel offers something a little different, whilst allowing you to embrace a more tranquil and enjoyable side of LA life.
1. Calamigos Ranch Malibu: Calamigos Ranch in Malibu is perfect for a weekend getaway. It’s a retreat amongst nature and it takes you away from hectic city life. It’s easy to forget that you’re just a short journey from home when you’re chilling out and soaking up the beautiful scenery.
2. Hotel Casa Del Mar Santa Monica: The Hotel Casa Del Mar in Santa Monica will make you wonder why you ever vacationed abroad, as it really does have everything you could want from a beach getaway. The hotel itself is located right next to the beach - ideal a sunbathing session, a swim in the sea or a run along the beach - and in close proximity to the Santa Monica Pier and promenade shopping.
3. The Beverly Hills Hotel: Most people will have lived in LA for years without ever treating themselves to something special - a stay in The Beverly Hills Hotel. As one of the world’s most iconic hotels The Beverly Hills Hotel is a popular spot for tourists and visitors to the city, meaning it really provides a luxurious alternative to your usual time spent in LA. It is close to Rodeo Dr. and a number of other famous parts of the city you may not have had the time to explore before.
4. The Roosevelt in Hollywood: If you are someone who works a lot and rarely has time to break loose and enjoy LA’s excellent nightlife, a stay in The Roosevelt in Hollywood is the perfect staycation spot. It’s close to a number of popular nightclubs and bars - Hyde, Nice Guys and No Vacancy - and is the ideal place to let your hair down.
5. The Ritz-Carlton Marina Del Rey: This five star waterfront hotel in LA offers the perfect combination of luxury and location. It is minutes away from Venice and Santa Monica, and boasts elegant rooms and first class customer service.
After thinking about staycations all of team Kate Tik are dying to get away! What’re your favourite staycation hotels?
Photography: Anna Sandul
DRESS: PROSE & POETRY || SANDALS: SENSO || BAG: STRATHBERRY || SHADES: PERVERSE || EARRINGS: BECK JEWELS