The Best 5 Ice Cream Shops in LA
Summer is here and it’s sure to be as hot as ever, so it’s important to have some great ice cream shops to head to when the heat gets too much and you need a refreshing treat. The great weather in LA throughout the year means there’s never a time when ice cream isn’t on the cards, but it’s the really the scorching days like these that turn the desire to grab an ice cream into a necessity.
Luckily, there are lots of great places to grab a frozen snack in LA. Whether you're an ice cream connoisseur or simply like to treat yourself once in awhile, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Here are five of the best ice cream shops in LA that are worth checking out this summer.
1) Salt & Straw: Salt & Straw is one of the most famous ice cream shops in LA and it isn't hard to see why. Salt & Straw is all about the local community and a visit here is as much about running into friends and neighbours as it is about the ice cream.
2) The Milk Shop: The Milk Shop provides a truly unique ice cream experience and it has all your ice cream dreams covered. You can create their own ice cream sandwich, eat drumsticks to your heart’s content and discover the wondrous ice cream bars.
3) Carmela: If you’re someone who likes to support local farmers, then Carmella is the place to head. The menu at Carmella is vast and there are four California locations, one of which is in LA. Plus, Carmella even offer ice cream classes for those that want to learn how to ice cream like a pro! Classes are lead by the Carmella founders and all the basics are covered.
4) Jeni's: Branches of Jeni’s can be found around the United States and if you’re in the LA area a visit to this ice cream shop shouldn’t be missed. All the ice creams are smooth in texture with a buttercream body, and no synthetic dyes or flavorings are used - Jeni’s really does provide a high quality ice cream selection. Jeni’s can even be ordered online, if you’d like it to come to you.
5) Sweet Rose Creamery: All flavours of ice cream can be found at Sweet Rose Creamery, including a number of dairy-free options. The ice creams on offer here change each month, so no two visits to this LA ice cream shop need to be the same - there’s always something new and delicious to try!
After thinking about all of the ice cream options and taking a look at the pictures, I’m desperate to go on a tour of all of these places! Ice cream is one of my favourite treats to have in LA in the hot weather and it’s so hard to resist a creamy dessert. What ice cream shops do you recommend?