Livin' in Linen
Summer is here and the heat waves are real. Us girls know that it’s a struggle to look stylish while also making sure we aren’t melting away. My secret to beating this summer heat while not looking like a mess? A linen dress. Linen is perfect for summer since it’s a lightweight material, which will keep you ventilated through out the day. My favorite way to wear linen is of course, a dress. The one I’m wearing is from Sleeper, a brand that focus on using all natural fabrics such as linen and cotton for all their pieces! The one Im wearing actually comes in 11 other colors, but my fave was the red since it will never go out of style. The off the shoulder screams summer and the button up detail adds a more polished finish to the piece. I cinched the loose fitting dress with a thin black belt, and accessorized with some black lace up sandals to match! I finished off with a wide brimmed hat by my firm favourite Sarah J Curtis, a striped handbag to add some print to my ensemble, and of course a pair of sunnies to protect my face against the summer heat.
Photography: Anna Sandul
SHOP SIMILAR STYLES
1. If summer florals are your go-to, check out this muted blush dress with painted flowers of pink and green from Zimmermann.
2. Dance the summer nights away in this red cold shoulder sundress from ASOS. It features a pink border and fun ruffles!
3. Stripes will never go out of style, and this blue pin-striped dress from BB Dakota will keep you looking classic and cute through out the day.
4. Got a formal event but don’t want to be suffocated in chiffon? This blush midi dress from Theory features an asymmetrical hem and V-neckline is perfect with a pair of strappy heels and minimal clutch.
5. All white for summers is never a bad idea. This off the shoulder Figuera Dress is light and versatile for any day of the summer.