The LBD with a Twist
They always say a Little Black dress is an absolute must in every girl's closet. Throughout the years as my style has continued to evolve and I've gone in and out of different style phases, I have come to the realization that it is definitely an indispensable wardrobe staple. The versatility of this piece ranges anywhere from dressing it up for a night at an art gallery, to a more laid back look for a casual Saturday outing. It's a blank canvas to show off your personal style. Whether you prefer to keep it simple or jazz it up with accessories, it is sure to come in handy for years to come. I've made a list of my 8 picks for a LBD to complete your style essentials:
1. On your Summer beach vacation and in need of a black mini dress to save the night? Well this sexy OFF-WHITE fluid lace dress is sure to do just that. This little number is the perfect combination of risqué and ladylikeness with its cinched waist which gives it form.
2. Who doesn't love a one-shoulder dress to add some fun to their look? This thigh-skimming stunner has a subtle luster to it that stays true to Isabel Maran't design approach: carefree and bohemian, but still making you feel incredibly chic.
3. This Three Floor Stargate dress is a more trendy garment that might be more of a seasonal piece, but it's always good to have one like this that you can rotate as new styles come in. The sheer sleeves and bit of stomach showing make it the perfect attire for any cool parties you have coming up.
4.The woven C/Meo collective dress styled with a form-fitting bodice gives off a very classy/classic vibe in my opinion and is the perfect LBD for any fancy occasion. Pair it with your favorite pair of pumps and you are set to go for a night out.
5. This back-bearing funnel neck dress by Shona Joy is the perfect mid-leg length. It is an understated yet sophisticated piece and is what every girl should own for some sexy-in-the-city action.
6. For the holidays it is an absolute must to wear some sparkle in order to elevate your dress game, well what better than this alice + olivia embroidered party dress? It's got enough sparkle to make you shine all night.
7. Since I've been highlighting all short dresses I thought I would add a maxi dress in here as it is a a timeless length that can be worn from day to night. What I love about this Topshop dress is all the laser cut layers that give it a unique shape.
8. This embellished collar dress by Rachel Roy that I'm seen wearing below has a twist in that it adds a fun flair to what might be a rather boring black dress.